21 October 2005

Man in Black

OK, we've accomplished Phase II, getting back to positive online territory. The online bankroll is now $1578, up from the $400 buy-in and in the black for last screw-up (total buy-in in last three months was $1,100, so we're now back up). I continued to break my rule, playing up at $15/30 LHE. Not sure of all ramifications of playing up. The hits are worse for sure (AKo with flop of KJ3, guy had a king and caught his second pair on river; I flop flush and raise through the whole thing, guy catches a 3 on the river playing 34o and catches his boat), but I got helped by having two premium hands hold up: AQ flopping a Q when other guy had QJ (I checked river when board paired 6), AK vs. K7--board was KXX 7 A. He check raised the turn with another caller, and the pot was $507. I gave back $75 in blinds and one limp/call then booked the win. Also played a multi-table sit and go. Was doing well, went over the top of a guy I had just taken a big pot from with AK (he calls with K7s); flop comes 567, X, K. $20+2 two-table sit-n-go, so I guess that kind of stuff happens. So now the question is can I build on this bankroll or will I give it back. I need to get a solid game plan on what to do next, so I'll get back on this.

2 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

OK, just downloading Pokertracker.

One thing that I've done on $15/30 is tighten up and play more solidly. Don't limp as much, toss sb and save the $5, etc. The play within bankroll would push me back to $5/10 (blinds of $2/5). I agree with what you say for sure. The challenge also for the Closet Poker Player is how many hours to play in the suggested one week. I play on the sly currently, probably averaging ten-fifteen hours a week the last few weeks. Because it is hit or miss before work, after work, at lunch, and watching TV, it's a bit different than deciding, "I'm on for the next five hours." The other question is should I jump back into tourneys with more of a plan (play x number of $Y buy-in tourneys). Let me chew and I'll post later.

3:09 PM  
Blogger CC said...

Wes--

Thanks, and welcome to the blog. You'll have to let me know how best to use Poker Tracker. I'll also add your blog to mine, so thanks.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com