30 September 2005

Getting Your Groove Back

What is the best sight to see on a flop? May I submit a few variations:
  • Calling with QJo and seeing a flop of AKT with a raiser in front of you
  • Calling with JcTc with raiser in front of you with flop of 8c9cKs, turn Qd, river 5c (flush with straight kicker)
  • Five-way raised pot from bb with 97o, flop of 974, A on turn
  • Raising with 66 and flop of AK6
I think the hidden (gapped) straight is the best to flop, the most difficult to get a handle on. The question is can you have the patience to wait it out, to invite the trap late in the round, potentially getting sucked out by the flush, the boat, or the counterfeited two pair.

Second issue is booking the win as a Closet Poker Player. I'm in a groove on Party $5/10 LHE. As I'm playing in short bursts (less than 100 hands at a time), I think I need to put in some sort of session braking system. I have a bad habit of getting up then giving back, alternately playing too many hands or having good hands either not hold up or not catch flops. More questions than answers, though. I'll lay out the questions later and try to address them. I've decided doubling my money at the table is a good time to get out, playing around until the blinds come to me. This morning's stats:
  • Hands played: 80
  • Hands won: 18%
  • Showdowns won: 100%
  • Flops seen: 28%
  • Win% if flops seen: 58%
  • Session: +$308.50 (30xbb, one hour)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com