26 February 2008

Here and Now


79/365b Here and Now
Originally uploaded by csquard

I have to confess, I've felt pretty miserable and alone the last two days. Not much fun, and I return now to why I'm trying to keep up with this site as I travel from place to place. As I've drifted away from poker and Bloglines and Google Reader have continued to flourish, I've become more and more alone online. Couple that with being away from my wife and boys, and it's a fairly isolated feeling.

I played some poker last night to try and numb things, but not much luck. Lost my buy-in at the Argosy, somehow lasting through having aces cracked on the first hand, then later catching kings on consecutive hands and losing both of them. I got down to $85 after shoving on a 888J board with QJ (short-stack caller had A8, and another guy had J2), then busted on a board of 5c-7c-2s-Js when I'd bet the flop with my 6c-8c and shoved the turn (big stack caller had As-4s) and caught his flush on the river).

I'll be extremely busy when I get back Friday, working non-stop over the next five days to analyze data that would normally take me 2-3 weeks. My wife is headed away for a Women's Retreat at church, leaving Friday I think right before I arrive. I'll be so glad to see the boys, but it will be a pretty rough weekend for me.

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com