18 February 2008

70/365 Sleeping in an Airport


70/365 Sleeping in an Airport
Originally uploaded by csquard

This is what you look like after sleeping in an airport. Due to the violent weather that hit Alabama and came through Atlanta Sunday, I was stuck in Atlanta's airport from 3:30 to 10:30 (flight was scheduled for 5:45). I was connecting to Reno through Phoenix, so that got blown out of the water. The 1-800 number told me they'd put us up in a room, then Phoenix staff told us no because of the weather. It was 1:45AM when I got there, and I was leaving at 7:55AM to Reno, so I decided to camp out at my gate.

It was a bit cold and the CNN speaker/television screen was right over the seats I was spread out on. I slept through it pretty well. I was able to find a Comfort Inn in Reno that gave me a half-day rate, so I'm here for a couple hours working online and about to shower. I have a 1:00 meeting then fly to Denver at 3:30, so it's about a six-hour stay here. An excellent start to week 4 of my trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com