13 February 2008

Departure


64/365 Departure
Originally uploaded by csquard

I finally have a bit of a breather after a whirlwind of activity over the last three days. I'm about at the midpoint of my trip, holed up at a Starbucks to knock out this post before heading to the next set of tasks before my afternoon flight to El Paso.

My schedule is firmed up for next week:

Monday: Reno
Tuesday: Pueblo, Colorado
Wednesday: Phoenix
Thursday: Outside Seattle
Friday: Tentatively Oregon
25-26 Feb: Ohio (Cincy on the Tuesday)
27 Feb: Outside Pittsburgh
28-29 Feb: TBD

I got a bit of sleep last night, 2:30-8:00 or so. I'll zonk out on the plane, so I hope to catch up on the sleep over the next day or so. I wish I had some wild escapades to report, but it's really just been alot of grinding away. No sneaking in a poker game here or there, no winks at ladies.

For those of you still waiting to get a Valentine's Day gift, you should at least look at Red Envelope. Use code LOVE1308 at checkout and get $10 off overnight shipping. You have to order by 6:00PM tonight Pacific time to make this happen.

I was able to see my brother, his wife, and my young nephew and two nieces last night in Waco. It was brief, just a couple hours, but it was worth the driving grind to give them hugs. They're at a similar place that we were a decade ago, far away from family (albeit with more young kids than we had). It always seems like such a heavy burden for the lone child to be far away from the rest of the family. For our family, it is doubly hard with him in Waco, me in Atlanta, and my sister and parents in Memphis.

I would like to thank everyone who gave me feedback regarding my blog and this site. I'm excited about some changes I'll be making over the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to always let me know what you like and what you don't. Thanks for the continued encouragement while I'm on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com