05 February 2008

Lunch with Kat


Lunch with Kat and Keith
Originally uploaded by csquard

I flew from Edmonton to Toronto yesterday, a four hour flight with an extra hour to get my luggage and rental car. Another hour of driving through a storm to find my Hamilton Sheraton, close enough to make my trip to Ancaster quick today. I needed it as I had a very long night of work and an early morning. After my meeting with my client's customer, I was off to find a wireless connection for another client call then scrambled to intercept a mistake from one of our graphic designers.

Kat had reached out and offered to come from Toronto out to where I was in Ancaster, and she and her husband walked into the Old Mill restaurant while I was in the midst of another client telecon.

I made them wait for probably thirty minutes while I briefed my client. By the time I made my way to the dining room, the restaurant was empty and my friends were eating cheese. It was a delightful lunch, and I was reminded how wonderful it is to be with people who are interesting and who unconditionally care about you. I understand how foolish it may sound that I've flown from Atlanta to Edmonton through Phoenix then to Toronto and drove to Hamilton and Ancaster to find a lunch with a friend.

I've now driven on to London and have another challenging day tomorrow. I have to drive I think 1-2 hours to my meeting in the morning (will plan on two) then drive three or four hours back to Toronto to fly to Montreal.

Long night ahead, so I'll get on with it. You can see more photos of the restaurant on my Flickr site.

3 Comments:

Blogger katitude said...

It was an incredibly nice way to spend an afternoon, and a great photo. I know you have a tonne of stuff on your plate - thank you for making time to hang out!

10:38 PM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

That drive to London must have worn you out. When did they complete the cross-atlantic bridge?

check it out:
http://parlezuml.com/blog/?postid=393

And Kat, what kind of canuckian word is tonne anyway, eh?

10:51 AM  
Blogger katitude said...

Imperial measurement - ton
Metric measurement = tonne
1 ton = .9072 tonnes

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com