03 February 2008

Checking in in Edmonton


Checking in in Edmonton
Originally uploaded by csquard

I'm here after nine hours of flying. I was able to upgrade the whole way from Atlanta-Phoenix-Edmonton. I slept most of the way, as it is nearly impossible for me to stay awake on a plane. There were many people on the plane headed to Phoenix for the Super Bowl, and it seemed like most were Giants fans. It's warmed up to -11 Fahrenheit here in Edmonton, which was actually bearable to get a taxi and to get out as I'd packed my coat.

The taxi music was a bit odd--some sort of techno-Euro dance tracks. Every ten minutes, a DJ would come on to announce that the previous songs were from two obscure bands and that another was coming up. Of course, every song sounded exactly the same. I may have to record some techno-Euro dance mixes, I believe.

I got here around 2:00AM, so I'm planning to hit the sack in just a bit. Sunday is a day off, so I'll have plenty of time to rest up. I'm sure I'll catch the game, but I'll have to figure out where to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com