29 June 2006

Playing the Mook at the World Series of Poker

Juan Carlos Mortensen maintained a big chip lead and his tower has turn a lovely yellow.

Jen Harman keeps her energy up, compliments of Marco and Starbucks.

Late into the night, the Matador's tower had taken a hit that was now significant. Mortensen had doubled up two players in thirty minutes, and he was now a member of the field rather than the monster stack. He has the heart of a champion, although the break couldn't have come at a better time.

I wanna be a cowboy, so you can be my cowgirl. Playing in the Mook with fellow bloggers while sitting in the World Series of Poker Media Room was a bit surreal (not sure if that word is correct, but it was weird). I could head to the Bellagio and play with Linda, go out and try and qualify for an event or play a juicy cash game, or play with folks who are now buddies. I chose the latter, and it was a great time. I played great but was outlasted by Lucypher. Fought back from the depths, eventually taking out factgirl who played solid as well. Mookie99 has the write-up, so head over. If you're ever looking for a great tourney to donk around with, pick this one. Oh, and Dr. Pauly himself guest played for me (when my bot wasn't playing), knocking out the host when his/our AA flopped a boat. The ole min raise AA, although mook couldn't do anything with his short stack.

Must write much stuff. Have to head, so thanks so much for all the emails and comments and everything. Really, it keeps all of us going, especially me as a newbie.

2 Comments:

Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for making it out to The Mookie last night. You played great.

You guys are kicking ass out there. I'm loving all the great coverage.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Where's your stuff? I know, you don't have time to deal with single-celled orgasisms like me who can't find your links...but where are they?
Hang in there, man.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com