29 June 2006

Liz Lieu, Capped Limit Pots, and Sudoku: World Series of Poker Event #4

Jennifer Harman, fresh off of a few hours sleep and an 11th place finish in Event #2, decides to play a little limit. I came to her rescue, grabbing napkins for her as she wanted either napkins or ideally wipes. Maybe this is a theme for me, CC the cleaning boy!

Finally, I meet my virtual buddy, Joe Sebok. Short stacked again (I think he just likes to cut and paste blog posts that say "...I was short stacked, shoved with QQ and ran up against kings..."), but I gave him some magic, so he's ready to take down a bracelet.

Kid Poker and Vanessa Rousso.

I play limit holdem ring games, mainly $15/30 or $10/20 when it's live. I like the excitement and adventure of each hand, folding then watching ESPN or looking around the room. David Williams has a different approach to augmenting the excitement: Sudoku.

This is what it's like to tangle with a World Champion heads-up (Ferguson is sort of multi-tabling, playing Event #4 while waiting for the 2:00 start of the PLHE Day 2). The 1s and Ferguson are involved in this pot capped on the flop and turn (ultimately a $1k pot with limits of $25/50 here in Level 1). The board reads now Ad2h7h7d, and Qc comes on the river. I'll let you guess who holds what and takes this monster down. Answer below in white (that's always really exciting whenever I see someone do that):

1s has capped with two black sevens, while Ferguson had the black aces for set over set that became quad sevens over a boat. NOTE: no one exclaimed DQB!

OK, rate the following folks as to hottest, with 1 being hottest and 4 being least hottest:

Jean Gluck

5 Comments:

Blogger Butch Howard said...

You think Sean could climb higher on the table to get a better view?

7:33 PM  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Dude,

Keep rockin'. I'm following you and Pauly like a railbird. You are kicking much boo-tay.

I also threw up (not vomited, although if I drink any more of this horrid box wine I might vomit...ANYway) the banner Trip Jax made for you on my side bar.

Hang in there!

BP

11:01 PM  
Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

good job man ur my hero

11:36 PM  
Blogger Pokerwolf said...

I am SO glad I wasn't drinking when I saw the picture for the last entrant! Bwahahahahahaha!!

Great photo of Otis, dude!

Well done! Keep up the good work!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jestocost said...

CC. How about a Tanya Peck (MissT74) update? Looks like she's on a roll in event #4.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com