31 January 2006

Shoutouts

A quick shoutout to top blogs and websites that I frequent. My needs are similar to those mentioned by alot of folks: regular updates, ability to comment and be responded to, and poker-related (fairly liberal in that regard):
  • Up for Poker: authored by three legends of the poker blogging universe, it's among the best of the best.
  • Table Tango: Linda Geneen is a veteran dealer at the Bellagio. She gives great stories of big games and small, as well is quite matter-of-fact regarding her view on folks.
  • Will Wonka: Great data and analysis in a non 2+2 way, more of an I'm-struggling-to-get-better way that I can definitely relate to. Here's hoping that his time on injured reserve doesn't last too long.
  • Life of a Poker Player: Luke Kim is a diligent player making a living in Vegas. He isn't the most prolific at times, and I would like to see him expand more as I always enjoy him.
  • Pokerretards: Wes is one of the more diligent poker play bloggers, always adding solid insight and advice along the way.
  • Sound of a Suckout: It is easy for the long-time bloggers to get stale; I mean, how many times can you write about your own donkified play or getting beaten by some stupid runner-runner play? Scurvy never gets boring in my mind, which is a credit for the veteran blogger.
  • Cardplayer: The source for tourney updates. I'm constantly at this site during most big tourneys, following my favorite players as well as watching the brutal beats.
  • PokerCats: kurokitty is a fellow Atlanta blogger. I personally like the mix-it-up nature of his posts, a poker blog that can expand at times. Good stuff, and one of my new favorites.
Most of these are well-known, although some may be new to you. For those who visit here, thanks for your contributions, and I hope this can aspire to some of the goodness listed above.

3 Comments:

Blogger WillWonka said...

Yo,

thanks for the shout out. I don't even know what the 2+2 way is...lol. I always mean to get over there because I hear there is some good stuff there.

8:16 PM  
Blogger cmitch said...

I haven't seen a couple of the blogs listed. It is always great to run across a few new and interesting ones.

9:14 AM  
Blogger CC said...

Will--

Alot of good stuff on 2+2, although there is an intelligentsia/arrogance about some of the hard core posters (kind of a most-of-your-opinions-are-neophyte-and-you-must-not-know-the-math-down-cold. So, it's meant as a good thing.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com