05 July 2006

Recap of New Stuff

Some new items completed in the last week (interviews I think are really good):
This playing in the WSOP experience hasn't been cathartic or fulfilling; I'm afraid it is like the Siren's call that Odysseus faced. This harmony isn't sung by a trio of beauties but is created by the clattering of rifled chips. I've only played half dozen of my hundred hands over in my mind about a thousand times. Why didn't I call with my pocket sevens when the tight guy raised it up (a set on the turn to pocket sixes and pocket eights!); why did I check it down when I called the guy's raise when I limped with Qs-Js (As-5s took the rag board). What would have happened if AA held up vs Ah-Qh? Stupid poker odds calculator never gets it right (I'm 86% pre-flop, 92% post-flop, 0% after the river). Sweetie: "You know what I always say about pocket aces; just lay them down."

It's good that I've escaped Vegas as I would be negotiating kidney donations to scrape enough for more buy-in's. Here are other folks like me yet to cash in the 2006 WSOP: Howard Lederer, Gus Hansen, Doyle Brunson, Stu Ungar, Gabe Kaplan, Angelina Jolie, and the Mook.

Dysfunctional blogger acting up, so I leave it with a horrible post this afternoon: fellow blogger Obie's son Alexander Nathaniel "Alex" Overby, killed on 3 July 2006 while walking on the side of a road. Dead at age 14. Please stop and say a prayer after reading this in what is the worst loss a person can have, that of a child.

4 Comments:

Blogger mookie99 said...

I enjoyed reading the interviews and love the coverage while you were out in Vegas including the pictures.

"Here are other folks like me yet to cash in the 2006 WSOP: Howard Lederer, Gus Hansen, Doyle Brunson, Stu Ungar, Gabe Kaplan, Angelina Jolie, and the Mook."

This is funny, the sad thing is Jolie has a better shot at moneying this year than I do. :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger CC said...

But you'd be better in the sack with Brad then she probably is...

10:52 AM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

Just so you know, getting run over by a bus hurts real bad...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I liked the VVP interview. You did a great thing...right away you showed that you knew about him and his tennis career with a victory that few knew about (me, included), and that I'm sure relaxed him. You followed up with some basic questions and then got more specific again with the home games with his father. Great reporting...you should consider this for a career (except you'd have to take a HUGE pay cut, lol)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com