25 June 2006

WSOP Preview

I've decided to buy-in to one of the $1.5k events, either the first event (won last year by Allen Cunningham) or one of the later events next week. I've set up PokerAcademy with the data for Event #2 last year (2342 entrants, Texas Tears blind structure). 1500 in chips, blinds start at 25/25, and I'm one for four cashing so far. Wasn't very focused, but it definitely showed me I may not really be ready yet. More work to do tonight and tomorrow.

I'm finishing some great articles: Terrence Chan, Joe Sebok, and Michael Craig will be completed in the next couple days, and I'm also hoping to finish a Matt Matros interview in the next couple days. I'm hoping to transcribe an interview with Vince Van Patten from Saturday. When I interview people live (Vince returned my call Saturday), I tape and then transcribe the tape, which takes about 2x time compared to the interview itself. Vince was just great, a real pleasure.

I'll be working on making contacts for a variety of other interviews. Check here regularly as I'll provide updates including photos throughout each day. I'll be cranking away tomorrow before my flight in the evening, so I'm going ahead and putting this up now. If you didn't this weekend, check out some great shots of my new poker room. I also added the PokerWorks interviews to the right and nuked the text things to the poker table and chip discounts. If anyone's interested, you can always email me or leave a comment.

I'll also try and update links to the site, a pain that I just don't get around to doing enough. With that, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, where we leave this site and see where it takes us. Thanks, and have a good Monday.
  • Ramblings of a Madman: SirFWALGman, or Waffles for short. Love him, despise him, whatever--you'll feel something. Great read, great player (for a weiner).
  • Miami Don: He's headed to Vegas from the city of Don Johnson. He's fast becoming a regular shark preying on the tourists (I resent that remark!). He has his lady Carmen there, and he seems like one of these guys who is just a genunine, good guy. I look forward to a big hello.
  • Katitude: I had a chance to chat away and play with her last week, and she's a real sweetheart. She teaches, which is just one of the greatest things a person can be.
  • Smokkee: I've seen him in action, and he definitely has tourney game. Just stay in Cali if I'm in Event 2, OK Smokes? Might be money better spent just to back him.
  • Blinders: Congrats on winning a seat in a WSOP event compliments of great play and Full Tilt.
  • Lee's Poker Blog: Is this the Bill Ivey? I've heard about him, seen folks talk about him. If this is him, then he's the eighteen year-old wonder.

3 Comments:

Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Your new poker room is GORGEOUS! We've been thinking about getting a table too. Wow - I love the table and I love the lights. Nice job :) When do we start playing??

2:25 PM  
Blogger TripJax said...

6 great blogs to highlight...nice choices...

4:16 PM  
Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

first your new poker room is amazing, secondly your article "the first lynching" like it alot, and lastly but most imporantly gl on whatever tourney you chose to play in WSOP also thanks for the shout out a couple of post ago...glad to see you can take it as well as dish it out keep up the good posts..

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com