05 January 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

It looks like I'll actually be able to pull off my first home game of any substance this Friday night. My birthday is the 10th, so it will be a bit of an early gift for me. I'll have my brother, brother-in-law, one-three neighbors, one-three neighborhood guys, and not sure who else. I've only had two birthday parties in my life. One was at age nine. I wore my green denim-ish leisure suit and had the music rocking with my crew. The second was last year for my fortieth with my parents and family, a surprise party that was really great. We'll see how the poker party works.

I had a donkish night Tuesday night, losing $375 on FullTilt $5/10. I played really stupidly after having a positive session earlier in the day. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I had been on a very disciplined run, playing much smarter, reducing my VPIP down to around 20% from 25%. The problem I'm having with FullTilt is just the scarcity of tables, so it becomes a bit of a challenge. I've got to work on it as the sign-up bonus is an absolute no-brainer if I can stay disciplined.

It looks like I'll be sneaking a quick stop in Vegas next week on my way East via west. I'll be in Shanghai for a week and Singapore for a week, so that will be a bit of a grind. I sent my passport yesterday to get my Chinese visa, so hopefully that all works out fine. I'm in the airport in Houston on my way home, so I'm off for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger WillWonka said...

Happy B-Day old man..

I know what you speak of table selection at Full Tilt. You have to go with what they give you.

3:36 PM  
Blogger CC said...

Yeah, but I suck at short-handed, which I guess brings us back to all of the short-handed stuff that you guys have been exploring.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com