28 January 2008

Post-Mortem: Being a Single Parent


48/365 Me and the Boys
Originally uploaded by csquard

My wife arrived last evening from her trip to Charleston, and we picked her up at the airport. I survived the five-day trip and hopefully didn't leave any lasting damage on the boys. Highlights:

>> Low point: letting the boys watch "300" while hosting a poker game
>> Damage to home: family room carpet (dog threw up twice while I slept Sunday morning; very, very yellow stain), master bedroom (dog pooped)
>> Number of times we ate out: 5/12
>> % of luncheon meat eaten: 5%
>> Number of times I fell asleep in the bed: 0/4
>> Number of times our youngest woke up in the night and moved me to our bed: 3/4
>> Number of times one of us bathed or showered: 12
>> Number of online poker hands played: 230
>> Amount won during hosted poker game: -$9
>> Amount missing from the bank that I ate: -$40 (still not sure what happened)
>> Number of pre-flop re-raises during our six-handed six-hour game: 1
>> Number of check-raises during our six-handed six-hour game: 1
>> Number of different poker games played: 9 (NLHE, PLHE, PLO, PLO8, Razz, 7-Card Stud, 7-Card Stud 8 or Better, Crazy Pineapple, Reverse-Flop Hold-Em)
>> Number of full houses I had after rabbit hunting: 3
>> Number of movies watched: 1 (Witness)
>> Number of pots or pans used: 1 (omelettes)
>> Number of meals skipped: 1
>> Number of times we forgot to feed the dog: 1 (fed twice/day)
>> Number of times we forgot to feed the cat:: 5 (fed wet food twice/day)
>> Number of pars or birdies I had in our backyard golf event yesterday: 3/9
>> Number of double bogeys or worse: 4/9 (had a quadruple bogey on a par 4 that started in our backyard and went to the flower bed in our front yard; had a quadruple bogey on a par 4 that had to go up and around the Magnolia tree and back)
>> Number of times our three-year old played Call of Duty 4: 5
>> Number of times our three-year old asked when he could have his own gun: 9
>> Amount spent shopping: $15 (bought a 100' phone line to connect the TV to TiVo in the basement)

She had a great time in Charleston, and I hope I can shove her out of here a couple of times a year. We survived, so I'll take it!

2 Comments:

Blogger 23skidoo said...

Thanks for hosting again CC. See what you get when you let a donk count out chips!! (JK).

I totally forgot to talk to you about other business, shoot me an email with some evenings you are free and I'll come by.3

12:06 PM  
Blogger The NL Wife said...

Sounds like a typical Dad weekend with the kids - you are no different than DrChako - except I think his eating out ratio is nearly 100%.

:)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com