10 December 2007

A Quickie

I've had a pretty busy day since taking a connecting redeye back through Charlotte to the ATL this morning. Highlights from the trip include eating, seeing everyone, understanding TJ and craps, -EV table games causing monkey tilt, my new hottie friends, and the rushing to see my Little Guy from the airport just in time to see his 3 year-old pre-school sing "Away in the Manger." Many regrets from the weekend, mainly that I didn't get cell numbers and therefore missed spending time with Otis, BadBlood, and many, many more. Meeting Mrs. Chako was one of the highlights of the trip. She is a courageous lady, and it is stunning to think that there are tens of thousands of men and women like her during this time in our nation.

It was great to meet TripJax and his wife. He's always been one of my favorite bloggers, and we got to chat for just a few minutes during the tourney. It was one of those small times that will stay with me at least for awhile. Amy also made a point to spend some time with me, which was really appreciated. I'm not the easiest guy to chat up at times, but it really meant alot for her to look me in the eye and share herself with me. We had the awkward conclusion as I sat there wishing I was able to get beyond the surface with her. I'm just thankful I got a glimmer this summer.

IGGY has always been extremely generous to me, and he once again gave of himself. He's a guy I'd go to battle for, anytime (figuratively speaking, as I wouldn't be much of a battler unless someone needed a human shield...).

As always, Fuel was key to keeping me connected and preventing me from drifting away alone. Thanks as always, buddy. Lots and lots more in the coming days.

My new Voki to always make you feel welcome here. Not a slam dunk but maybe a little bit of a resemblance (if you squint just a little...). Take a listen. Also on tap this week: vlogging my reaction to the Michael Vick aftermath, more devotionals, and more on my goals.


5 Comments:

Blogger The NL Wife said...

Don't consider it a bad beat - I didn't actually plan on having a competition. But if I had to pick a sweet second, you're high on the list. I think I could even get my husband to agree to that - he's said since day 1 "Craig's a nice guy" - of course, if he actually thought I had a crush on you, he might feel differently!

:)

Enjoy your day.

6:31 PM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

It was awesome hanging out with you this weekend!!!!! I loved hair - looking good Craig :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger BamBam said...

It was a pleasure to have met you Craig. I only wish the deck would have let it last a little longer.

Until next time!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Multi-Tasking during the tournament and raising the blinds up as if you were bored. GOD THAT WAS FUN!

It was an amazing time. I can't wait until we all get to meet up again.

Vick deserved harder!

IT

12:11 PM  
Blogger lj said...

omg, i get crap from you when i don't even make your highlights! lol -- i take back my latest post! :)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com