10 July 2006

Busy Weekend

Phil Gordon, a speaker at Saturday's WPBT event, makes a big laydown in an early event.

Howard Lederer also addressed the WPBT. He's had a tough start to the World Series, yet to cash heading into week three.

New limit rock star, octagenerian Kuei Chi Chang. I think I grabbed her photo first early on Day 1 of Event #4, but neither she nor her crew would give out her name. Now she's the hottest thing since sliced bread, cashing in her two limit events.

Terrence Chan can barely be made out in the 1s. Check out my interview with Terrence from before the World Series. He made his first final table and it went south in just a brutal fashion, his A-Qo picking off an all-in steal attempt by Justin Pechie, who meekly turned over 7-5o. How do you want to be crippled at the final table? There are a few horrible ways, maybe AA vs. A-Qs, maybe some donkified flop bluff vs. your KK that turns into a runner-runner two pair (J-6o or something), but after Pechie flopped two pair it had to be horrible to sit there. Terrence will be back as he's an emerging player, but he'll remember that for quite a while.

Scott Fischman, sans facial hair has accumulated some big stacks so far at the World Series but just can't seem to get to a final table. He's had some brutal beatdowns in his young career, but his two 2004 bracelets give him instant credibility at any table.

Wish I had been at the Blogger tourney as it sounds like just a bigtime celebration of poker. I'm sure there will be tons of great posts and photos, so head everywhere.

Some writeups of mine from the weekend: Event #10 Stud David Williams first bracelet (Day 1 and Final Table), Event #12 $5K Omaha Ivey vs. Farha (Day 1 and Final Table), Event #13 Max Pescatori (Wrap). Also, Sweetie got into email late last night and said she had gotten several emails from folks about me being out at the WSOP, so thanks for that. Feel free to email her at honeycunn@yahoo.com to keep her encouraged to send me back out. Not sure when I'll be heading there, either in a couple weeks or just for the Main Event.

So much to see from the blogger tourney, so I'll keep it short today. Let me end with Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, a journey from this site to see where links and visitors take us:
  • Poker and Golf: He's a big CC pimp, and is there any better blog subject matter than poker and golf? (Shep, maybe if you added Poker, Liquor, and Sex with Sheep you'd see the traffic move up more).
  • Flights of Iakaris: Iak is just the best new poker blog out there. I haven't linked him up out of pure maintenance laziness, but his work and his poker are just great (OK, he can write some really good stuff and suckout with the best of them...). Here's his other blog that I didn't know about.
  • Loving and Loathing Poker: Jules, I think, has been mentioned here before, but what the heck? Crazy Canadian in Melbourne. Attendees at the blogger tourney got to meet her, and I'm sure they are better for it.
  • Martini Goddess: Oh, Canada indeed!
  • Katitude: Another repeat, but this is Martini Goddess's fault (no links). Kat also made it out to the blogger tourney, another I wish I could have met.
  • Poker through the Eyes of an Amateur: kaeallinn18 is a blogger tourney regular, so I know he ached not being in Vegas this weekend.
Have a good day, and thanks for stopping by.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Yeah, it sucked not being able to make it out to Vegas, but I have no vacation time at the moment. I'm hoping to make it either this winter or next summer.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

cc,

Can't tell you how bummed I am that I was in Vegas but never found you. My bad, but I will correct the mistake next time. You're closer to the mark on my game than my posts, but who am I to argue with the Man? Cya out there, brotha.

10:46 PM  
Blogger katitude said...

CC, you were one of the people I really wanted to meet in Vegas. Sigh. Guess it'll have to wait until December! See ya @ the virtual felt tho....

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is that MissT74 (blogger) on the left of the old asian lady?

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com