30 May 2006

Sleeping the Night Away

I've never done drugs, but I think sleep is the new crystal meth. I had some serious sleeping this weekend in the mountains. Slept like a baby Friday night (8:00-8:00), took a nap Saturday for two hours, took a nap Sunday for three hours. It was just great to be slobbering all over myself through the day and night. I also read half of a book, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Books are really crazy, with all the words and pages and pages of more words. I'm not sure how readers can remember the names of people or where they are from and stuff. Books help you fall asleep, so that was another good thing.

No poker, but the weekend was great to get me away from everything, get my mind clear. I even wrote a short story which I may send to Truckin. I need to edit it and work it a bit, but it was pretty fun to do.

Congrats to a new buddy I'd just interviewed for Linda, Wild Bill. He took down the $2k Mandalay Bay tourney this weekend. Hey, maybe I should interview you and you can take down a big MTT!

Listened to a lot of The Police on the drive to the mountains. My Five Favorites in bold from the candidates:
  • Roxanne (Outlandos d'Amour)
  • Can't Stand Losing You (Outlandos d'Amour)
  • Message in a Bottle (Regatta de Blanc)
  • The Bed's Too Big Without You (Regatta de Blanc)
  • Bring on the Night (Regatta de Blanc)
  • Don't Stand So Close to Me (Zenyatta Mondatta)
  • Driven to Tears (Zenyatta Mondatta) my #1 Police favorite
  • Spirits in the Material World (Ghost in the Machine)
  • Every Little Thing She Does is Magic (Ghost in the Machine)
  • Synchronicity II (Synchronicity)
  • Wrapped around Your Finger (Synchronicity)
  • Walking in Your Footsteps (Synchronicity)
  • Every Breath You Take (Synchronicity)
  • Tea in the Sahara (Synchronicity)
  • King of Pain (Synchronicity)
Some great playing with the boys individually this weekend. The Little Guy is something to behold right now, chirping away with words, always smiling and laughing. He jumped into the lake about 373 times into my arms, and we'd just jump and swim around. He also would catch salamanders and put them in a bucket. The skin of salamanders must be some incredible natural wonder as he never killed one although he squeezed them continuously. The Big Guy and I played monkey in the middle with some other kids and a water football plus ping pong. At my peak I was a great ping pong player and can still beat most anyone. I took the Big Guy down left handed and two handed, although he's improving. Still gives away too many cheap points. We also hit the ball 127 consecutive times. All-In is his own guy, and he was comfortable entertaining the five year olds as well as hanging with the older boys. We had some special peaceful times together. Not sure how long he and the Big Guy will keep liking me, so I cherish each time.

There was demand for poker Saturday night but no chips and no game happened. My father-in-law banned poker at the end of last summer, and there are a few poor friends of my brother-in-law who like to play for small stakes. I like as I'm able to talk to people. We'll have to have chips for next time and head to someone else's house.

I'll end with Monday's Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, here on Tuesday. We leave this blog to see where the links take us. Have a good day back.

  • Miami Don: Don seems like a really good guy. He and his lady Carmen have headed to Vegas from Miami. Don's a very genuine guy, always with a kind word to others. I'm pulling for him as he makes a go of Vegas.
  • Flights of Iakaris: His answers to the TripJax questions is enough to go here--side splitting. He's a Canadian physician poker player, which is probably an oxymoron somewhere in there. I have actually said these words before: "I was pre-med, can I help?"
  • Korean Poker: an engineer from the UK trying to build on his initial $100 bankroll investment. There are worse things to do in Seoul for sure.
  • Sooted: There are no words I hate hearing more than they were sooted, so I'm intrigued. Working to build the bankroll, dipping his toes into the tourney waters.
  • Adam LaBare: Tourney focus here, but I'm new to this gentleman. He's working on WSOP entry, so good luck Adam.
  • Missing Flops: I'm constantly amazed at how many poker blogs there are. I'm no superstar, but whenever I do this I always find many new places I didn't know about. Bankroll: $228.93. This is why I hate playing at lower limits: it's just filled with players that like their money and want yours.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My bankroll is like $600. Does that make me a guppy in the shark pool?

(It would be more than $2,000 had I not cashed out to pay for a new computer that may never arrive, damn you, ebay).

3:34 PM  
Blogger CC said...

I think there are some serious players at lower limits (or at least I've found that). I also admire folks who are grinding away at micro-limits, you know, no shortcuts or anything.

4:02 PM  
Blogger F.J. Delgado said...

Nice picks with the Police, you nailed some of their best songs. I oftentimes find myself damning Sting for leaving them so early. What could have been...

I got my book today (haven't had time to visit the post office recently), it looks awesome! Thanks so much again for sending it, it's really appreciated.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Thirsty said...

Thanks for the mention in your blog. I will be sure to check back more often and have now linked you.

Cheers
Thirsty

12:07 AM  
Blogger alabare said...

Many thanks for the mention...

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com