13 May 2008

My Last Blogger Post (ok, Next to Last)

I'm closing on my third year anniversary of this blog. It started as a poker blog to share my terrific, rocket-like advancement in my poker prowess.

That was the first day.

I then moved onto sharing what it felt like to lose my bankroll. Maybe you've never experienced that or don't remember it. There is this cold sweat that develops over your chest, down your arm, then ultimately to the mouse that you've vice-gripped in your fist. The mouse has come a long way in three years as this post-bankroll-clearing last hand trauma normally would yield a broken mouse or monitor. The hand details are somewhere in the recesses of my hard drive and brain I'm sure, but the typical final hand was either preceded by a flopped straight taking out my overpair or someone calling my raise with some horrific hand out of position then flopping trips or two pair.

Then this site changed as I changed. Poker became a metaphor for the struggles in my life. To an outsider, it might have appeared like poker was cause. It's never been that, just as the TV or eating or surfing the web or any of the number of time-consuming ventures have been the cause of what illed me. It was more of what I had become over the decade of running my own company, a career that has become increasingly insular.

The site moved away from this URL then returned this year, and I've continued to be a part of a great community of people all over the world. I thank all of you for letting me still be in your club even as I haven't been with you as much. As many, many of you have told me and others, a blog should primarily be written for one audience: the writer. It's always been that way for me, but I've benefited most when connection has followed. Connection comes from comments and chatting and talking, and I've grown alot through my times with those who have invested in me.

As the site moves to a new URL, my poker exploits will not be left behind. And I hope many of you will take the time to follow me along the new road. I also hope I can find others out there, others who have their act together or not, others who are great parents or not, others who are great spouses or not.

Others who are believers or not. Waffles has called me the Preacher (when he's called me--or that's probably the nicest thing he's called me!), and I hope I haven't offended or come off that way. As I've grown older, I've found myself not to be a preacher but really a seeker. I've come to find my faith as a journey rather than a destination. I feel much safer being a big fish in a small pond rather than the other way around, yet I find that I am more like the latter now in my spiritual journey.

So it came to pass that I would either kill this blog or invest in it and try to do more. I decided to rebuild it. The next post will be the famous go-to-the-new-link post, and hopefully folks will update links and feeds.

8 Comments:

Blogger The NL Wife said...

Not so much Preacher . . . although Waffles could have certainly called you worse . . . I've always considered you the "Honest Enlightener" . . . and a good guy to boot.

Good luck with the new blog - we'll link it when you finish it!

4:37 PM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I will follow you and I'll even take you out of my poker links and put you into my "Cool Blogs" links!

7:34 PM  
Blogger mookie99 said...

Looking forward to the new site.

11:46 PM  
Blogger jusdealem said...

Good luck with the new site, CC. Of course we will follow you! :)

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I don't know if you play online poker on a regular basis but I have some (hopefully) helpful advice if you do.

Poker rakeback is a percentage of the fees you pay to enter a game given back to you by signing up with a poker rakeback site. One of the biggest at the moment is therakebackmafia.com, apparently they have the highest percentages and are one of the most trusted sites. I'd rather sign up using these guys than independantly and see 40% of my money back! I have a link:

poker rakeback


Please do leave a comment, your opinion on the site and if my info was useful!

7:28 AM  
Blogger stephen said...

痤疮可以是你的整个生活的白叶枯病。祛痘产品

1:04 AM  
Blogger Trịnh Thúy said...

I will follow you and I'll even take you out of my poker links and put you into my "Cool Blogs" links! baseball pro Game Pikachu

11:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

https://peatix.com/user/4977890/view
https://www.idolbin.com/iprofile/884771373820411904
https://my.desktopnexus.com/isocialhub/
https://everplaces.com/isocialhub

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com